Are you a part of the thriving Orlando gardening community? If so, you’ll know the invaluable role that local plant nurseries in Orlando play in nurturing your green dreams. These nurseries are not just places to buy plants; they are hubs of inspiration and expertise for Orlando plant enthusiasts.
Orlando plant shops are where the heart of the gardening community beats. They offer a curated selection of native plants Orlando residents cherish, promoting ecological sustainability and thriving local ecosystems.
Beyond supplying beautiful greenery, these nurseries provide valuable knowledge, tips, and a sense of belonging to Orlando’s passionate plant lovers. So, whether you’re a seasoned gardener or just starting, explore the wonders of plant nurseries in Orlando and watch your garden flourish like never before.
Table of Contents
- Orlando Wide Variety of Plants and Trees
- Sustainable Gardening Practices in Orlando
- Top Plant Nurseries Orlando
- Community Engagement and Events
- Final Thoughts
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Orlando Wide Variety of Plants and Trees
Orlando is a haven for plant enthusiasts, boasting a diverse range of plant varieties that thrive in its unique climate. From lush gardens to dedicated Orlando greenhouses, you’ll find an abundance of tropical plants in Orlando that add a touch of paradise to your landscape.
The city’s subtropical climate allows for the cultivation of exotic plant varieties, making the city a treasure trove for those seeking rare plants in Orlando. Among the popular and unique species that flourish in Orlando’s climate, consider the vibrant Bird of Paradise, with its striking foliage.
You can also opt for the resilient Crepe Myrtle, known for its beautiful blooms and vibrant fall foliage. These choices not only beautify your outdoor spaces but also complement the local ecosystem.
In addition to the aforementioned options, you’ll find the hardy and adaptable Queen Palm, perfect for adding a touch of elegance to your landscaping. The vibrant Bougainvillea is another favorite, offering a burst of magenta and white colors throughout the year.
For those seeking a distinctive touch, the Silver Buttonwood, with its silvery-gray leaves, adds a contemporary flair to any garden. With Orlando’s wealth of plant options and a climate that encourages their growth, you can create lush and inviting Orlando green spaces.
Sustainable Gardening Practices in Orlando
Sustainable gardening practices have taken root in Orlando, offering eco-conscious residents a green path towards nurturing their landscapes. Orlando gardening supplies are no longer limited to basic tools; they now encompass a wide range of organic options for those committed to sustainable gardening.
Nurseries in the area have embraced this eco-friendly movement, curating collections that showcase the diversity of Orlando nursery plants.
Exotic plant nurseries, for instance, provide a wide range of rare varieties, such as Majesty Palm, Ornamental Ginger, and Heliconias that add a touch of the extraordinary to your home oasis.
Meanwhile, indoor plant nurseries in Orlando boast diverse collections. They generally carry leafy and green plants, including Pothos, Snake Plant, ZZ Plant, Aloe Vera, and Bamboo Palm, blessing your garden with greenery.
Furthermore, one of the standout features of these nurseries is their emphasis on native plants, which are well-suited to Orlando’s climate and promote water-wise landscaping practices.
Consider, for example, the resilient beauty of the native Saw Palmetto or the striking Firebush with its vibrant blooms, both of which require minimal water.
These eco-friendly choices not only reduce water consumption but also support the local ecosystem. Moreover, many plant nurseries in Orlando also adopt organic gardening methods that minimize the use of harmful chemicals. Thus, promoting healthier soils and a more eco-friendly approach.
In addition to offering a rich assortment of plants and promoting organic gardening in Orlando, these nurseries provide a one-stop-shop for urban gardeners, stocking a wide array of Orlando gardening supplies and accessories.
They will help you create a sustainable, thriving landscape that reflects the essence of urban gardening in Orlando.
Top Plant Nurseries Orlando
Say hi to a green paradise in the heart of Orlando! If you’re on the hunt for the finest foliage and botanical treasures, you’ve come to the right place.
Orlando boasts a vibrant plant scene with a multitude of options, from tropical plant nurseries teeming with lush specimens to plant stores in Orlando where you’ll find everything from exotic varieties to beloved local favorites.
Our curated list of best plant shops in Orlando will introduce you to the top-notch in the business, with nursery tours Orlando residents can’t get enough of and plant experts Orlando is proud to call its own.
Check it out!
1. Flourishing Spot
Flourishing Spot is the brainchild of a Florida native, a Latina with deep-rooted family ties to the natural world. Growing up, she found joy in assisting her parents in tending to their rose beds and cultivating fruits and vegetables in their backyard.
Today, her passion for plant life extends beyond her childhood experiences, encompassing a diverse array of indoor and outdoor foliage plants.
With an extensive array of offerings, Flourishing Spot provides an abundant selection of greenery, specializing in an impressive variety of houseplants and indoor plants, including but not limited to the Monstera, Alocasia, Calathea, Maranta, and Cactus species.
Beyond the verdant treasures, the establishment stocks an array of garden essentials and accessories, transforming your living spaces into lush green oases.
In addition to their diverse inventory, they offer convenient plant installation services and delivery options, ensuring that your botanical selections seamlessly integrate into your home or office.
It’s worth noting that while they strive for prompt delivery, they kindly request 2-4 days for meticulous packaging to ensure your plants arrive in pristine condition.
1805 Winter Park Rd, Orlando, FL 32803, United States.
- Sunday 12:00 PM – 07:00 PM
- Monday 11:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Tuesday 11:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Wednesday 11:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Thursday 11:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM – 07:00 PM
Rating by Google
5.0 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Flourishing Spot service:
- “If you want the best service and best variety of plants…this is the place! I always love the amazing customer service and attention to detail! I will be getting more plants!! So excited for the new planters coming to the shop!” – Jin Jin
- “I received the most beautiful plants from Flourishing Cousins. Reasonably priced, professional experience and the place is nice, clean and modern. Plus they provide tips to keep your plants flourishing. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!” – Kellie Williams
- “Beautiful place, great and healthy plants and incredible girls that are in front of the shop. – Aracelis Maldonado Rivera
The ideal destination for leafy plant enthusiasts looking to enhance their indoor spaces with lush greenery, Flourishing Spot stands out as a top choice. Their diverse selection of indoor plants is a true delight for those seeking to infuse their homes with nature’s beauty.
However, while their delivery service offers added convenience, it’s worth noting that the website could benefit from more comprehensive information about their available plant varieties.
Nevertheless, for those looking to bring the outdoors in, Flourishing Spot remains a prime destination to satisfy your green cravings.
Question and Answer
- Question – “Do you have Jade plants?”
- Answer – “Hello Ivette, we have some mini jade plants. Come by the store so we can show you our variety in plants! Thank you.”
2. Jungle Room by BWH Plant Co.
Jungle Room by BWH Plant Co. is a haven for plant enthusiasts, specializing in rare and unusual houseplants while also catering to a diverse range of preferences.
Beyond its impressive plant collection, Jungle Room serves as a comprehensive destination for all things related to plant care and decoration. What sets this nursery apart is its unwavering commitment to quality, with a significant portion of its inventory personally nurtured in-house.
Located in Apopka, FL, their BWH Greenhouse ensures consistent restocking twice a week, guaranteeing that customers always have access to the freshest and most unique botanical treasures.
Boasting a diverse range of plant collections, particularly an impressive selection of leafy greens, Jungle Room offers an extensive array of services to nurture your green passion.
From creative workshops to educational classes, they cater to a broad spectrum of interests, fostering both artistic expression and botanical knowledge exchange. Their community of gardening experts provides a welcoming space for plant enthusiasts to connect and share insights.
Whether it’s for special events, corporate gifting, or intimate dinner parties, Jungle Room accommodates private orders, ensuring that greenery graces every occasion.
Additionally, their in-home consultations provide a personalized touch, helping you select the perfect plants that align with your budget, lighting conditions, and care preferences, making Jungle Room your go-to resource for all things botanical.
2322 Edgewater Dr Suite A, Orlando, FL 32804, United States.
- Sunday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Monday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Tuesday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Wednesday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Thursday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Friday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
Rating by Google
4.9 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Jungle Room by BWH Plant Co. service:
- “I absolutely love coming to this store. The plants are super healthy and at great prices. Lots of variety!” – Maria Eastman
- “Absolutely love this shop!! The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly and it’s just such a cool place to be. Places to hang out, incredible plants, and a great vibe. I wish I lived closer, I might be here everyday!” – Rachel Repyneck
- “I love shopping here! Every time I visit I can’t leave without something new for the collection. Would highly recommend this place to place lovers. ” – Stephanie Squiers
Flourishing Spot is an absolute gem for Orlando’s plant enthusiasts, offering not only a diverse and captivating selection of plants but also a rich array of workshops and classes for those eager to expand their horticultural horizons.
It truly embodies the spirit of a one-stop-shop where plant shopping seamlessly intertwines with a quest for knowledge and skills. Additionally, their convenient delivery services make online shopping a breeze, ensuring that you can bring the botanical wonders of Flourishing Spot right into your home with ease.
3. We Love Plants LLC
This family-operated plant nursery, nestled in the heart of Orlando, is a haven for rare plant aficionados. While the website may not delve into the nursery’s history, what’s abundantly clear is their unwavering passion for curating a collection of unique and exotic plant varieties that thrive harmoniously within Orlando’s climate.
With a focus on the extraordinary, We Love Plants LLC has carved a niche in offering botanical treasures that cater to the tastes and needs of local plant enthusiasts, adding a touch of the extraordinary to Orlando’s greenery landscape.
We Love Plants LLC offers a delightful array of services, with a spotlight on their diverse and exotic plant selection that promises to elevate your garden’s aesthetic with unparalleled beauty.
From variegated Alocasia to Philodendrons, Aglaonema to Monstera, Anthurium to Cactus, and an impressive assortment of Succulents, they are a one-stop destination for rare and colorful leafy treasures that you won’t easily find elsewhere in Orlando.
Moreover, their shipping services bring the botanical wonderland right to your doorstep, with delivery times typically ranging from 3 to 7 days, ensuring that these vibrant and unique plants can grace your living spaces with minimal hassle.
1219 E Livingston St, Orlando, FL 32803, United States.
- Sunday 12:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Monday 12:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Tuesday 12:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Wednesday 12:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Thursday Closed
- Friday 12:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Saturday 12:00 PM – 05:00 PM
Rating by Google
4.9 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the We Love Plants LLC service:
- “I am completely new to the plant world and I did not know whether to come to this store because in google you see many rare and expensive plants in this store but when I went I was pleasantly surprised that they also have common and not so common plants at very good prices, Also the staff is very friendly and they know a lot about plants 🌱” – Ponchi R.
- “Everyone was great. The staff is very knowledgeable. My mom and I visit and we love plants at least once a week.” – Daniela Lilieth Martinez Zelaya
- “I bought an alocasia from your store for my grandmother’s birthday. I have never bought this plant before, my grandmother loves it so much” – David Vasquez
It is an absolute paradise for those with a penchant for rare and exotic plant varieties. With its extensive selection, this plant store fulfills the dreams of every avid collector and enthusiast.
It’s the go-to destination when you’re on the hunt for those unique, hard-to-find botanical gems. And what’s more, their convenient shipping service lets you indulge in your passion from the comfort of your own home.
With We Love Plants LLC, you can bring the allure of rare plants right to your doorstep, making it an indispensable resource for plant lovers seeking the extraordinary.
4. Succulents Empire
Founded by Joelibeth Portillo along with her husband Carlos and their children Aranza and baby Celestine, Succulent Empire is a thriving family venture born from their collective love for plants.
What initially began as a humble garage sale has now blossomed into a both a physical and online store that ships its carefully curated plant collection across the United States.
Moreover, Succulent Empire takes pride in providing the most exquisite plant specimens to enhance the beauty of your living spaces, making it a delightful destination for plant enthusiasts.
Despite its name, Succulent Empire offers a diverse array of plant collections, including exotic specimens that are sure to captivate plant enthusiasts.
From the exquisite Philodendron caramel marble to the unique Alocasia sinuata and the stunning Monstera albo antonella, their selection extends beyond succulents.
With their online store restocked every Friday at 7 P.M. EST, Succulent Empire ensures a continuous supply of botanical treasures. They cater to plant lovers nationwide, providing convenient nationwide shipping and local pick-up services in Orlando, FL.
Please note that order processing typically requires 5 business days, ensuring that your botanical acquisitions arrive in pristine condition.
1700 N orange ave 32804 suite 200, Orlando, FL 32804, United States.
- Sunday Closed
- Monday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Tuesday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Wednesday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Thursday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Friday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM
Rating by Google
4.8 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Succulent Empire service:
- “My hoya came packaged great and arrived beautifully! Very sweet and accommodating owner and staff. Great pieces too.” – Sophia Anderson-Wilbert
- “Amazing experience! The employees are very kind and helpful. I had a great learning experience and left with a lot of rare plants. Come by if you’re ready to see the best plants of your life.” – Alex Hernandez
- “Our favorite is to go to a plant shop in Orlando! The staff is amazing and very knowledgeable, always going above and beyond!” – Lisa Smith
At Succulent Empire, plant enthusiasts are in for a true treasure hunt, especially when it comes to rare tropical specimens. With its extended hours that stretch all the way until Saturday, it’s the perfect weekend destination for those on the quest for botanical gems.
What sets Succulent Empire apart is not just its exceptional plant collection but also its knowledgeable and attentive staff, who readily assist customers in selecting the perfect plants and generously share valuable plant care insights. It’s the go-to spot where you can uncover the extraordinary and receive expert guidance.
Question and Answer
- Question – “Do you carry Lithops?”
- Answer – “I saw some there last week. A few inside and a few in the tent.”
5. Apenberry’s Gardens
Established in 1995 by passionate gardeners Lisa and Eric Apen, Apenberry’s Gardens is the embodiment of their dream to create a haven for garden enthusiasts.
From its modest beginnings as a small store on Fairbanks Ave. in Winter Park, FL, Apenberry’s has blossomed into a thriving 1.5-acre Neighborhood Garden Center nestled within the vibrant College Park community.
Over the years, this family-owned establishment has become a beloved destination where both seasoned gardeners and budding green thumbs can explore a rich tapestry of botanical wonders and gardening resources.
Apenberry’s Gardens boasts an extensive array of services catering to the diverse needs of garden enthusiasts. Their impressive plant selection includes butterfly-friendly species, roses, flowering shrubs, and ground cover.
With its wide-ranging options, it offers a palette of selections to transform your outdoor spaces. For those venturing into edible gardening, Apenberry’s provides a diverse herb selection, featuring everything from cilantro to lemon balm and garlic cloves.
While their local delivery is limited to a 20-mile radius around Orlando, they offer the convenience of in-store pick-up, ensuring accessibility for all.
3443 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804, United States.
- Sunday Closed
- Monday 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Tuesday 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Wednesday 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Thursday 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Friday 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Saturday 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
Rating by Google
4.8 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Apenberry’s Gardens service:
- “Fantastic customer service for Merial and Abigail today. I had lots of questions and they answered them all. I also am doing the potting services and it was very affordable. Great selection of plants and planters and I enjoyed walking the facility.” – Kristen Louidor
- “What makes Apenberry’s stand out is their staff. They are always willing and even excited to help you with plant suggestions and how to care for those plants. I am a regular customer that comes all the way up from South Orlando and the last time I came up with a picture of my window box in a location that was part shade. I had no idea what to put in it and the staff member set me straight. This is way above and beyond any big box store and the level of service is better than most other nurseries in the area.” – Todd Campbell
- “My neighbor and I came in as new “farmers” and Shannon was so excellent! She took time and explained everything, answered our questions and was so nice. We will most definitely be back!” – Nicole Williams
In our opinion, Apenberry’s Gardens emerges as the ultimate one-stop destination for all your botanical aspirations. This nursery leaves no stone unturned, offering a comprehensive range of plants that cater to every expectation, whether you’re seeking ornamental delights, indoor green companions, or embarking on the journey of edible gardening.
However, it’s worth noting that while Apenberry’s Gardens covers the spectrum of plant desires, their delivery service is limited to within 20 miles of Orlando, which means that for those residing beyond this radius, a visit to the store or convenient in-store pick-up is the way to go.
Question and Answer
- Question – “Do you carry Proteas and Peonies?”
- Answer – “No, we do not have those flowers. Unfortunately, Peonies do not grow here in Central Florida (Orlando). It’s too hot for them. We don’t have Protea plants. You may have more success finding them in South Florida – Miami.”
- Question – “Do you have fruit trees?”
- Answer – “Yes. We do carry citrus, avocado, and fig trees currently. Stop in to take a look!”
6. Angie’s Planties
Nestled in the heart of Orlando, Florida, Angie’s Planties is your go-to destination for an exquisitely curated selection of plants and pots.
Every botanical gem and vessel is meticulously handpicked by Angie, the passionate owner, who infuses each choice with an abundance of love and meticulous attention.
In case you’re on the lookout for a grand, lush foliage specimen or a petite, charming waxy succulent, its diverse offerings are designed to enrich your unique Planthood journey with verdant beauty and boundless possibilities.
Angie’s Planties specializes in curating a stunning array of big, leafy plants and enchanting waxy succulents that are sure to captivate any plant lover’s heart.
Their extensive selection includes a wide variety of green treasures, ranging from the exotic Hoya imbricata to the striking Syngonium ‘Godzilla,’ the intricate Calathea Musaica, the dainty Mini African Violet, and the coveted Monstera Thai Constellation, among many others showcased on their website.
Complementing these botanical wonders, Angie’s Planties also offers an array of pots and accessories, including self-watering pots and disco ball planters, allowing you to create the perfect home for your new green companions.
With efficient shipping services in place, your plants will embark on their journey to you within just three to five business days from the moment of purchase, ensuring a swift and convenient experience.
420 E Church St #113, Orlando, FL 32801, United States.
- Sunday 12:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- Wednesday 12:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- Thursday 12:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- Friday 12:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- Saturday 12:00 PM – 06:00 PM
Rating by Google
4.8 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Angie’s Planties service:
- “Zoey helped me choose my plant and gave me all the information I needed. Overall such a cool place!” – Kuki
- “Walked by on a rainy Sunday and almost didn’t go in, but I’m so glad we stopped. I found the most beautiful and healthy Zebrina Elephant Ear plant. I’ve been wanting one for awhile and saw one just a couple weeks before at another shop in Ivanhoe for +$100!! Angie’s prices were so fair and affordable. They had an amazing selection. Can’t wait to come back again.” – Casie Ott
- “This is an awesome small business. I was very impressed with Angie’s customer service and attention to detail. Highly recommended!” – Dan Brown
We think that Angie’s Planties is a stellar choice for both seasoned plant enthusiasts and newcomers to the world of indoor greenery. It stands out as an incredible haven for leafy plant enthusiasts, particularly those seeking varieties with broad, eye-catching leaves.
Their commitment to offering a seamless online shopping experience with reliable shipping services is truly commendable. The nursery also has exceptional customer service. Moreover, their reasonable prices make it even more appealing for plant lovers looking to enhance their green spaces.
Question and Answer
- Question – “Do you carry Awapuhi plants or rhizomes?”
- Answer – “Hello, thank you for reaching out. We focus on indoor plants. Unfortunately, we don’t carry Awapuhi plants.”
7. Palmer’s Garden & Goods
Palmer’s Garden & Goods, owned by Florida natives Allison and Jeff Palmer, embodies a rich family tradition deeply rooted in their community.
With Jeff’s family legacy dating back over 50 years to Palmer’s Feed Store, their commitment to nurturing the earth’s bounty now extends into their 20th year at the helm of Palmer’s Garden & Goods.
This family affair thrives on a shared love for live music, fine wine, and all things green, where even their three children pitch in. Stepping into their garden center feels like entering a warm and welcoming home.
When it comes to products and services, Palmer’s Garden & Goods stands out with a diverse range of distinctive services that truly set it apart. While specializing in low-light plants, they offer much more. This nursery goes beyond greenery, offering a broad selection of engaging workshops and classes.
Their upcoming events include the Fall Container Garden class, where you can learn from experts about nurturing your plants throughout the seasons. For those looking to enhance their well-being, there’s even a yoga class on offer.
As December approaches, we highly recommend participating in the Succulent Wreath class, where you can hand-craft a beautiful piece to adorn your front door on Christmas Eve, adding a touch of natural elegance to your festive celebrations.
2611 Corrine Dr, Orlando, FL 32803, United States.
- Sunday 11:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Monday 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Tuesday 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Wednesday 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Thursday 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Friday 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Saturday 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM
Rating by Google
4.7 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Palmer’s Garden & Goods service:
- “This is a really nice plant nursery. The space is well laid out. They have a huge variety of healthy plants. They also have a great selection of pots, tools, and accessories. The happy hour beers were a nice touch. We’ll definitely be back.” – Chantal W.
- “My favorite garden center in Orlando with a great selection.” – Paolo M.
- “Love this nursery plant prices are reasonable, home decor is kind of pricey. Great to catch them on weekend sales. They also have live music and wine nights. They also do special garden activities for kids on certain days as well. Great place for a cute date night.” – Cynthia Thompson
This plant nursery receives high praise for its comprehensive services that go beyond a mere plant collection. Palmer’s Garden & Goods’ commitment to fostering a vibrant gardening community is evident through its diverse workshops and classes, providing a platform for customers to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share insights, and expand their knowledge.
However, it’s worth noting that the specific list of low-light plants they specialize in is not readily available on the website. Still, its dedication to creating a welcoming space for plant lovers and learners alike remains a hallmark of their exceptional service.
Question and Answer
- Question – “Do you have curry leaves plant?”
- Answer – “We do not have any in unfortunately.”
- Question – “Do you have air plants?”
- Answer – “Yes. We have quite a few varieties of Tilabdsias in different sizes.”
You might also like:
- 10 Top-Rated Nurseries In California To Shop Native Plants
- 10 BEST Houston Garden Centers and Nurseries For Gardening Enthusiats
- TOP 10 New York Gardening Center To Buy Plants And Supplies
- 10 Nurseries in San Diego With Best Services and Reviews
- 10 Top-Notch Dallas Plant Nursery With Extensive Plant Varieties
8. Garden Center at The Home Depot
Sitting within the confines of Home Depot, the Garden Center at The Home Depot offers a diverse array of plants and garden essentials to cater to the needs of home gardeners and DIY enthusiasts.
While the specifics about its historical background remain elusive on the website, this garden center stands as a go-to destination for those seeking a convenient one-stop-shop for all their gardening needs.
With a wide range of products readily available, it’s a valuable resource for anyone looking to spruce up their outdoor spaces or embark on new landscaping projects.
While detailed information about the services offered by the Garden Center at The Home Depot may be somewhat elusive on their website, one thing is clear: they boast an extensive selection of plants, making it a prime destination for plant enthusiasts.
In addition to a diverse range of botanical treasures, they cater to those with limited garden space by providing raised beds, offering a convenient solution for starting edible gardens or maximizing small areas.
Moreover, for those looking to elevate their outdoor spaces, the garden center offers an array of patio decor options, allowing customers to transform their outdoor havens into vibrant and inviting retreats.
Home Depot, 13121 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32837, United States.
- Sunday 08:00 AM – 08:00 PM
- Monday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Tuesday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Wednesday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Rating by Google
4.6 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Garden Center at The Home Depot service:
- “Finally Hoyas for less than $20, and several of them as of today anyway. Was so excited to see them. They also had satin pothos or Scindapsus! Thanks for bringing them in. Love houseplants!! I also have the Marble queen pothos, it’s growing beautifully.” – LP
- “Love the military discount and they have all of the lawn and garden care needs.” – Charles D.
- “Need to work on carrying out service but it’s still my favorite store.” – Linda Maxam
The Garden Center at The Home Depot receives praise for its accessibility, opening its doors every day, including weekends, to ensure convenient shopping for all gardening needs. Beyond an extensive plant selection, they offer a range of gardening supplies and essentials, making it a comprehensive resource for garden enthusiasts.
But, it’s worth noting that while their services are undoubtedly diverse, detailed information about them remains somewhat limited on their website. Nonetheless, The Home Depot’s Garden Center continues to be a dependable destination for both seasoned gardeners and those embarking on their green journey.
9. Fleet Farming Nonprofit & Plant Nursery
Fleet Farming, a non-profit initiative by IDEAS For Us, is dedicated to reimagining traditional American lawns. They transform these spaces into thriving microfarms and edible gardens, fostering biodiversity and sustainable food production.
Their mission centers on empowering people of all ages to participate in local food cultivation, ultimately enhancing accessibility to fresh produce.
As part of their program, Fleet Farming operates a plant nursery, providing a valuable resource for those seeking edible plants, with a particular focus on vegetables. Through these efforts, they actively contribute to building a more sustainable and community-oriented food ecosystem.
Speaking of its services, Fleet Farming Nonprofit & Plant Nursery offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to support sustainable urban agriculture.
In addition to providing fruit trees and vegetables, they offer Garden Install Packages, featuring services such as raised garden bed installations, fruit tree planting, and native landscaping, all carried out by a friendly and insured garden team.
Furthermore, they provide design services, with a team of expert gardeners who collaborate with you in-person or online to tailor your garden to your precise requirements.
To ensure the ongoing vitality of your green oasis, Fleet Farming also offers affordable maintenance options on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis, guaranteeing that your garden thrives and flourishes.
1030 Kaley Ave, Orlando, FL 32805, United States.
Rating by Google
4.7 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Fleet Farming Nonprofit & Plant Nursery service:
- “Always have the best FL-friendly seasonal veggies, all types of cool fruit trees, and FL native plants. They are a wealth of permaculture knowledge and really awesome people! The volunteer events are a great opportunity to help the environment in our local community and their Edible Landscapes service is mind-blowing with their beautiful designs!” – Sam Somers
- “A kind-hearted group of growers that seeks to make the world a better place. Great landscaping service Edible Landscapes, informative classes, and innovative lawn to farms urban agriculture model. Would recommend it!” – Caroline Chomanics
- “An amazing group of people sharing their love for growing food and the environment!” – Vern Renzette
We can confidently say that Fleet Farming Nonprofit & Plant Nursery is a one-stop destination for all your gardening needs. They offer a comprehensive range of services, covering everything from garden installation and personalized design to regular maintenance, ensuring that your green haven thrives.
With an impressive selection of edible plants, it’s the perfect resource for those looking to embark on a journey of growing their own food right in their backyard. However, it’s worth noting that detailed hours of operation are not readily available on their website. To gather more information about their open hours, contacting them via phone is the way to go.
10. Lowe’s Garden Center
Much like its counterpart, Home Depot, Lowe’s Garden Center provides a wealth of outdoor and indoor plant options to enhance your gardening endeavors. While specific historical details may be elusive on their website, one can readily explore an array of botanical offerings that cater to both outdoor and indoor landscaping needs.
From vibrant blooms that add a burst of color to your landscape to a diverse selection of green companions, Lowe’s Garden Center serves as a go-to destination for those looking to beautify their surroundings with a touch of natural splendor.
Lowe’s Garden Center offers an extensive array of services that cater to all your gardening desires. Their diverse plant selection spans the spectrum, from pansies and annuals to an assortment of houseplants, perennials, and tropical varieties.
For those with a penchant for water-wise gardening, succulents are readily available. If you’re eager to embark on an edible gardening journey, Lowe’s provides vegetable and fruit seeds.
Additionally, for enthusiasts of larger plants, they offer an impressive collection of trees and shrubs. Blooms also grace their shelves, ensuring that your landscaping aspirations are met with a rich tapestry of botanical options.
3500 S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822, United States.
Rating by Google
4.5 of 5 Stars.
Here are some customer summary about the Lowe’s Garden Center service:
- “Found everything I need in garden plants.” – Barbara Plegge
- “Great location. Always find what I need.” – Patricia Lopez
- “Great garden center for a big box store. Good selection of plants, helpful staff and it’s easy to get in and get out.” – Jason McCabe
In our personal perspective, Lowe’s Garden Center is an exceptional destination for plant enthusiasts, offering a vast and diverse array of botanical treasures that encompass everything from perennials and annuals to edibles, shrubs, and trees.
While the specific operating hours may not be readily available on their website, the bounty of plant options makes it a go-to spot for all your landscaping needs. For those eager to plan a visit, reaching out via phone to inquire about hours is a convenient option.
Community Engagement and Events
Orlando’s gardening community thrives on a rich tapestry of events and engagement opportunities. Local nurseries in Orlando play a pivotal role by actively participating in and hosting Orlando garden events, gardening workshops, and educational programs.
From lively plant swaps Orlando residents eagerly anticipate to informative gardening seminars that empower attendees with knowledge, these activities bring together individuals who share a passion for greenery.
One example of gardening events you can join is fall vegetable gardening on September 19 and September 28 this year. During these gatherings, you will meet fellow gardening enthusiasts in Orlando, share knowledge and expertise. Engaging with local plant nurseries in Orlando offers many benefits for gardening enthusiasts.
Beyond the opportunity to acquire unique and healthy plants, it’s a chance to tap into the collective wisdom of plant experts and fellow gardeners. The wealth of knowledge shared at gardening workshops in Orlando is invaluable.
It covers topics from plant care to sustainable gardening practices. Community gardens serve as living classrooms where enthusiasts can put their newfound knowledge into practice and connect with nature.
The plant nurseries in Orlando are not just places to buy plants; they are vibrant hubs of knowledge, inspiration, and community. From the diverse range of outdoor plant nurseries offering native beauties to exotic treasures, these establishments are the heart of Orlando’s gardening scene.
By supporting your local plant nurseries in Orlando, you not only enhance the greenery of your surroundings but also contribute to the thriving gardening community and the preservation of native plants. So, we encourage you to explore these nurturing spaces, connect with fellow enthusiasts, and watch your garden dreams come to life.
- 11 Best Vegetables To Grow In Florida Winter Months
- Foraging Safety: 10 Poisonous Mushrooms In Ohio to Watch Out For
- 10 Poisonous Plants in Florida You MUST To Know
- 12 Easiest Vegetables To Grow In Florida Summer Heat
- 25 Easy & Fun Front Yard River Rock Landscaping Ideas
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How many plant nurseries are in Orlando?
There are more than 15 plant nurseries in Orlando, making it a vibrant hub for gardening enthusiasts. These nurseries, along with Orlando garden centers, offer a diverse range of plants and gardening supplies to cater to the city’s growing community of green thumbs.
Whether you’re looking for native plants, exotic varieties, or expert advice, you’ll find a plethora of options in Orlando’s thriving nursery scene.
Is Orlando a good place to grow plants?
Yes, Orlando is a fantastic place to grow plants, thanks to its favorable climate. The city’s warm, subtropical weather provides an ideal environment for a wide range of plant species to flourish. With an abundance of garden centers in Orlando, residents have access to a variety of resources and expertise to make their gardening endeavors successful.
What flowers are native to Orlando?
In Orlando, native flowers that flourish include the vibrant Blanket Flower (Gaillardia pulchella), the fragrant Firebush (Hamelia patens), and the striking Tickseed (Coreopsis spp.). The planting season in Orlando typically spans from late winter through early spring and into the fall, making it ideal for establishing these native blooms in your garden.
Can you grow all year round in Orlando?
You can indeed grow plants year-round in Orlando’s mild and subtropical climate. The city’s favorable conditions allow for a diverse range of plants to thrive, making it possible to cultivate gardens and landscapes throughout the entire year.
To make the most of this opportunity, consider planting the best plants for Orlando, such as tropical varieties, citrus trees, and native species, which are well-suited to the region’s climate and provide continuous beauty and harvest potential.
What is the easiest flower to grow in Orlando?
The easiest flower to grow in Orlando for landscaping is the native Firebush (Hamelia patens). This vibrant and resilient plant thrives in Orlando’s climate with minimal care, offering a burst of red and orange tubular blooms that attract butterflies and hummingbirds, making it a beautiful and low-maintenance addition to your Orlando landscaping.